The Joy of Womanhood

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity."

-Margaret D Nadauld, YW General President

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Card Exchange

Yesterday I had my card exchange with a few girls in my ward. I was able to start this little group up with some encouragement and tips from my sis-in-law, Christi - she also does this in her ward in AZ, and she has gotten some very cute cards out of it. Anyway, I decided that if I was going to do this, that I would use the supplies that I have and not buy anything new. So far it has worked out - then again, we've only done it two times. It is a great way for me to use up all of my stuff, including the scraps!

We had it at Becky's house and she showed us her system of doing things. This girl has got it together! She exchanges supplies with her sister-in-law or friends, so that she always has what she needs without having to buy a lot. She also had some great tips:
1) Buy plain gold brads at Wal-mart (100 for $1) and then use fingernail polish to paint the tops the colors you want!
2) Put coordinating items in ziploc bags, then you don't have to search so much!
3) She uses every scrap of everything - paper, cardboard, slides.... etc. It was amazing!


It is always so fun to see what they come up with! I thought I would post a few of the cards that I received....

The card I made is the one with the Kool-Aid packet. I got this super cute idea from Christi, my awesome and very creative sister-in-law. She is so nice to let me copy her idea!


Our theme for this exchange was "summer/4th of July." I love that we all have slightly different styles of doing things... that's what makes this so great!




Next month, our theme is "thank you" cards. I am excited to start looking for some great ideas so I can get started!


2 comments:

Kylie said...

Hi, I stumbeld accross your blog while browsing. I just wanted to say those cards look great. I love scrapbooking but I haven't done much card making. I'm feeling inspired since I have a few birthday parties coming up.
I also wanted to say that I don't think you're being at all unreasonable not wanting to leave your little boy in the nursery. I know I wouldn't want to. I think as first time Mum's though we might judge a little more harshly than those who have done it before. It sounds like the poor leader needs some help.

Laura Jean said...

I completely agree that the leaders need help! And I also agree that I may be a little over-anxious about nursery...