The Joy of Womanhood

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity."

-Margaret D Nadauld, YW General President

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thank You!

When I went to AZ in February, Christi's house smelled absolutely amazing. So I asked her the secret... when she told me it was Exotic Coconut Wallflower from Bath & Body Works, I thought she had to be kidding! I detest the flavor and texture of coconut.... but apparently, B&BW knows how to get a great aroma out of it!
I decided that I was going to need some of these for my house I purchased a couple. And then I found out that they discontinued the scent. What is up with that? Actually, I know - it's because I found it and loved it... it's just one of those things.... (sigh)

Anyway, so I've been on the prowl for them... When I went to Florida in June I was able to score 12 of them on clearance...(mind you they are not the refill pack with 2, just the starter kit with 1). Well, yesterday, I get home from planning a camping trip, and John has discovered a box on our porch...

Inside was black licorice, along with a very handsome tie for my hubbie (she always picks out the best ties!), a new truck for Braxton, some soap, and my very favorite and hard to find Exotic Coconut Wallflower refill! So a very big thank you hug to my awesome sis-in-law! Now I won't have to ration out my remaining stock so much... :)
Speaking of thank you's... take a look at this adorable one Christi sent in the package!



I LOVE IT! and am seriously considering copying the idea for my card exchange in August....



2 comments:

Korrie Davis said...

That was really sweet of her! That card is really cute Laura. Ahe has some really good ideas.

CJB said...

Ah kid, it was the least I could to say t-h-x for all you guys did for me while I was home. Lovin' you!